Monday, June 16, 2008

Plunging

I'm now waiting for the RV's current owner to call me so we can discuss the terms of surrender. Erm, purchase. I've come up with a list of items I'd like for him to include as well as the price I'm willing to pay. I don't feel like dithering with him. He and his wife are very open and honest and it'd just feel like an insult to give him a stupidly low figure and then work our way up to the price I'm willing to pay.

(I need to stop staring at the phone. :-D)

Mechanical inspection, insurance, and financing are more or less settled. The first two more, the last one less. A friend's step-father should be available to check the truck portion of the RV (brakes, chassis, engine, tires, etc.), I've found an insurance company that caters to Quebec full-timers (!!!), and the guy at the bank is fairly sure based on our conversation that a loan won't be a problem. I'm just not crazy about the loan terms since I know that dealer financing for RVs provides much better rates and terms. I have one more lead to follow before I make a formal, credit-report dinging, request from the bank.

I'm still trying to figure out how I wound up at this stage so quickly.

I told a colleague/friend today that I'm scared witless by this project and she didn't believe me. But I am! It's just that I've learned in life that great things lie beyond fear. I just can't wait for terror to give way to enthusiasm! LOL

No comments: