Thursday, September 25, 2008

Decisions Reached!

Calgary, Banff, Canmore, and Kananaskis country here I come!

I found a campground with full hookups outside of Calgary that has very reasonable weekly rates, so I'm heading there for seven nights!

First though, I'm going to go on the hunt for a new coach battery. Actually two 6V golf cart-type batteries. Faithful reader Croft has voiced what I have thus far avoided staring right in the face: I'm probably looking at an imminent coach battery failure. So, I'm getting that done in Edmonton today (hopefully) and then I'm moving on to Calgary. If I get a late start today, then I'll stay overnight in Red Deer.

For the visual folks out there, here's what my journey has looked like so far. This represents roughly 3,600km.

2 comments:

dons_mind said...

we're still stopping in and keeping up with your travels - - the pics you post are really pretty. we've never been to canada, so we're enjoying your travels and stories.

good luck with the batteries. while iMacs are nice, they DO tend to be more of a power hog than a normal pc..but such is the price paid for liking Macs! :) :)

enjoy yourself!

Rae said...

Actually, the average PC uses 125W, while an iMac only uses about 100 to 120... and that's the BIG iMac, 24". Who *wouldn't* want that kind of computer?! I use it to watch movies on, so it's well worth the power expenditures as it does double duty!

I'm glad that you're enjoying the blog! I've traveled extensively throughout the US and it's time I discover my own country!