Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Headin' for Oz

This morning, I awoke to find Miranda rocking back and forth. It was almost like being on a boat! So, I sure wasn't surprised when I stepped outside to find the wind gusting at about 30KPH. As we worked this morning in the greenhouses, their plastic coverings flapping ominously, I joked that if the house had wings we could take off. My surly (but sweet!) supervisor actually found that funny. Bitterly cold wind not withstanding, it's been a beautiful day with sun and a really odd sky colour. I believe it's called 'blue.'

As if the day wasn't surreal enough, we had that coup in Ottawa. I just can't believe that our politicians, who are of the talking, not acting, variety, conspired together to bring down the current government. Let's hope the Queen (via the Governor General, of course) signs off on the coalition!

No comments: